How Often Should My Family Visit the Dentist?
Does your family need a family dentist? Well, you're in luck. Drs. Peter and Brooke Stoltz, located in West Columbia, SC, can help your family keep their smile in top-notch condition.
How to Care for Dental Hygiene
There are basic things everyone should do to keep healthy:
- Brush teeth twice a day, after breakfast and before bed, with a soft-bristled toothbrush for two minutes at a 45-degree angle to ensure food debris removal.
- Flossing your teeth before bed will also help preserve your teeth and reduce the plaque buildup.
- You should have an oral and dental examination every six months.
- In addition to visiting your doctor, maintaining a healthy oral habit is essential.
- Avoid eating sugary foods, like sodas and candy.
- Resort to a healthier diet, like apples and carrots, which help scrape off tartar from the surface of your teeth.
- Drink plenty of water, which can wash away food particles.
Bondings and Fillings as Preventative Care in West Columbia
They are a great way to protect your teeth. They can be accomplished in one visit; the procedure may take about 30 minutes to an hour. Composite also strengthens your teeth and fixes issues like chips and cracks, fractures, decay, discolored or stained teeth, and short teeth. Bondings and fillings preserve your teeth and require the same care as your natural teeth.
Your family dentist will clean your teeth to ensure they're plaque-free. Then they'll etch your teeth with an acidic gel that will open pores on the surface of your teeth. They'll rinse off any etching material with composite resin that matches the color of your teeth and harden the composite in place with a curing light before shaping your teeth into the right form.
For more information on what your family dentists can provide you and your family, you should contact your West Columbia, SC, family dentists Drs. Peter and Brooke Stoltz of the Three Fountains Family Dental Inc. at (803) 755-0039 today!